Monday, September 12, 2011

Mt. Nebo 1/2 Marathon - Saturday, September 10, 2011

My amazing trainer Alex ran the Nebo Half Marathon with me.   This is a picture of us before the race started.


It was a beautiful fall morning.  I was so glad to have run this race.  It was a huge challenge especially after declining 3,300 feet, then running gradual hills for three miles; but Alex was by my side every step of the way.  It was truly a rewarding experience. 

This is a picture of Alex and I after we finished:



A memorable day to say the very least...I am still super sore!  I also have to give a big props to my ipod shuffle, which had some great, inspirational, eclectic music.  My favorite tunes of the day:

  1. It Keeps You Runnin' - Doobie Brothers
  2. Live A Little, Love A Lot - Kenny Chesney
  3. Sad But True - Metallica
  4. Message of Love - Journey
  5. Immigrant Song - Led Zeppelin

2 comments:

  1. I think Half's are my new favorite distance. Good job, Cheryl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Brad. I agree with you...I don't think my body is cut out for anymore than a 1/2!

    ReplyDelete