Wednesday, September 28, 2011

The Challenge Is Officially Over

Well, we wrapped up the 100 Day Heart Challenge last night with a celebration dinner, and we found out our results.  I lost 11.5 pounds, and although I didn't lose as much weight as I had wanted, I had two really great things happen:
  • I lost 10.5" around my waist - Paul Brown and I tied for the most inches lost around our waists.
  • I increased my HDL (the good cholesterol) by 10 points, which is very great almost unheard of in challenges past.  There were several of us who made great improvements in this area, including Janice who increased her HDL by 16 points!
This heart challenge has been such a great, rewarding experience.  I've been blown away by my fellow contestants and by their desires to become healthier.  I've been so amazed by the progress people have made with their triglyercides and with their cholesterol levels.  This has been a real eye opener for me.  I've literally witnessed people no longer needing medication for cholesterol, for diabetes, etc. 

I'm not saying it was easy for anyone, but it only took less than 100 days to make this happen.  I hope everyone catches the vision.  Isn't your health worth it?

Thanks to our great cardiac team Traci, Maria, and all!

No comments:

Post a Comment