Friday, June 17, 2011

Met my Personal Trainer

June 16th I met with Alex my personal trainer and with Traci from the Wellness Center.  Alex and Traci worked on creating my personal workout regimen; I feel so lucky to have professional help.  I've been most anxious about hard core workouts.  Last June I had my Achilles Tendon surgically repaired, and I've been very scared to workout hard for fear of rerupturing the tendon.  I know I need to get over the fear.

I did some interval training on the treadmill, and I was thrilled to find my legs still work!   I told Traci I want to be able to run a half marathon; she and Alex were very encouraging.  We've come up with a solid interval training schedule, so I will be able to run a half marathon later this year...it'll be a dream come true for me.

I'm so thankful for this opportunity to work with Alex and Traci.

3 comments:

  1. Way to go, Cheryl! My experience was super good too. You'll do really well. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so happy you are able to do this. I applied but didnt make it in this go around so I will be watching to see what happens for you! I am training to do the 5k at Onion days on Labor day if you want to join me. Good luck with all of it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the words of encouragement. It makes the challenge go a lot easier.

    ReplyDelete