Monday, August 22, 2011

The Time Is Flying By Way Too Quickly

Well, I haven't lost as much weight as I would like at this point in my heart challenge.  However, I received so many compliments this past weekend from friends and family about how much better I'm looking.  I'll take that any day!  I've decided to skip the scale, so I focus on becoming strong/fit - not a number.

I feel extremely fortunate to have a great trainer - Alex is the best.  He motivates me and pushes me to my limits.  I will miss him once this challenge is over.  He's helped me to be able gain my running confidence.  I was able to successfully complete a 10K a few saturdays ago when Santaquin had its Orchard Days.

Currently, my job has been very demanding and stressful.  I'm learning how to deal with that without turning to food.  I haven't always been successful, but I've always been able to get myself back on track.  I'm learning how to be kind to myself - I've always been so hard on myself.  If I've ever made a food mistake or if I've skipped an exercise then I've told myself I've ruined myself permanently.  I'm now more realistic, and I know that one or two bad days isn't the end all.

No comments:

Post a Comment